Why use Local Authority Building Control?
BCS are part of the national LABC network. We undertake plan checking and site inspections across West Berkshire Council and Wokingham Borough Council areas. We offer the re-assurance of a local authority building control service.
We merged as a shared service partnership in 2016. We provide advice and guidance to make sure your project meets national building standards.
Our expertise covers all aspects of building work. Building regulations can be complex. We are happy to offer advice and guidance to help avoid unnecessary costs and delays.
What we offer
- Friendly and experienced staff with local knowledge, guiding you through the whole process from start to finish
- Our surveying team will guide you through your plan assessment and site inspections, offering help and advice
- Early involvement to discuss issues and ensure your design considers building regulations from the outset
- A fast assessment of your building regulations application
- Next working day site inspections when requested before 4pm, Monday to Friday
- A programme of site inspections throughout your project
- A competitive service
- A close working relationship with the fire service and our colleagues
- We have received accreditation for service quality
- A commitment to training and development
Our team are ready to help ensure that building regulations are met. Building regulations are minimum building standards aimed at protecting the health and safety of the people using them.
Homeowners must comply with building standards. You can delegate this responsibility to your builder or contractor. However, you remain responsible for compliance.
“Building Control Solutions is committed to protecting the community, through our unparalleled expertise across the region. We provide trusted, high quality advice helping us to be the provider of choice for Building Control services across Berkshire and beyond."
Our Mission Statement
“Our Vision will be achieved through creating a trusted and publicly accountable 21st Century Building Control service, delivering excellence and protecting the public with high quality, valued advice & services. BCS will be customer-centric, harnessing the opportunities of bringing together the unique knowledge and experience of the partners, and enterprising, focusing on sustainability and growth”