Become a Partner
Building Control Solutions are a member of the Local Authority Building Control Partnership Scheme. This provides a single point of contact for all your building control work in England and Wales.
What is the LABC Partner Authority Scheme?
The LABC Partner Authority Scheme offers you the opportunity to work with one of our dedicated and experienced LABC surveyors for all your building regulations applications. The projects can be located anywhere in England and Wales. If you have particularly enjoyed working with one of our surveyors let us know.
The scheme enables a company or adviser to have a one-to-one working relationship with us for advice and plan appraisal. The site inspection role is carried out by the local authority where each project takes place.
Who can become a partner?
We work successfully with many Partners. They include larger developers, contractors and architects practices, sole practitioner designers and builders. They all benefit from having a strong working relationship with their dedicated building control surveyor.
They have seen a mutual benefit to working with us on all their projects, whether within or beyond, our district boundaries.
We are interested to hear from any businesses across West Berkshire Council and Wokingham Borough Council that may be interested in partnering with us.
Benefits of the Scheme
- You can choose to work with any local authority building control team to undertake all pre-application and design work, regardless of the project's geographical location; in some circumstances and where travel permits, that same team can undertake the site inspection work too
- The local team will inspect the work; ensuring you get the benefit of working with a team who really understand the local ground conditions and regular site inspections when you need them
- The Partner Authority Scheme is free to join and covers all types of organisation
- You will have a direct contact in building control who can provide help and advice
- Your ‘partner’ will have a greater understanding of your work and will be able to use knowledge gained from previous schemes to help you find solutions
- Other LABC teams will recognise you as being a contractor who builds to the standards expected by LABC. If you use the LABC registered partner logo on all your letters and plans they will know that you are a trusted partner
- All local authority building control teams in England and Wales share the LABC Partner Authority Scheme.
How to join
There are no contracts to sign or fees to pay to become a Partner and joining is quick and simple by completing the online form on the LABC website. Just choose Building Control Solutions as your Local Authority Partner.
Alternatively, speak with your local Building Control Surveyor or get in touch to discuss how to enter into a partnership agreement with us.