Applying for Building Control
There are three types of Building Control applications you can submit:
This is the most detailed option. You can choose this method for any domestic building work as well as commercial, office and industrial developments. When your building work meets these standards, you will receive a completion certificate for the building work.
A building notice is used for smaller projects. You can begin your alterations two working days after your notice has been submitted and accepted. Unlike full plans, you do not receive formal approval; but may be required to submit additional information i.e. structural or thermal design calculations.
Apply for a Regularisation Certificate (unauthorised work)
This is retrospective approval and is only used for work that has already been carried out; but without consent. You can only apply to your local authority building control service for a regularisation certificate. You can only apply for this certificate for works which have been carried out since 11 November 1985.
How can I submit my application?
Visit the Submit-a-Plan Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Portal website to submit your application and detailed drawings electronically (with at least one accurate dimension)
- You need to register your details on the Submit-a-Plan website (free of charge)
- Complete the application process and upload your electronic drawings
- We will then contact you to take payment for your application
- Once payment has been made you will be able to book an inspection
You can also track the progress of your current application within Submit-a-Plan, all you need to supply is the application number (e.g. 17/0001) or alternatively the property address.
Alternatively, you may email your application directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach relevant completed BCS application form
- Attach supporting documents
- A member of our team will contact you within 3 working days to take payment to validate your application
BCS application forms:
- Full Plans, Building Notice or an Application for a Regularisation - use Building Regulation submission form (Word document) or Building Regulation submission form (PDF document)
- Building Notice form for domestic electrical works only - use Building Notice form for domestic electrical work (Word document) or Building Notice form for domestic electrical work (PDF document)
- Building Notice form for replacement windows and doors only - use Building Notice form for replacement windows and doors (Word document) or Building Notice form for replacement windows and doors (PDF document)
- Demolition application form - use Demolition Notice form (Word document) or Demolition Notice form (PDF document)
We are also able to accept postal applications, please send your completed application to:
Building Control Solutions
Wokingham Borough Council
Was this page useful?